Monday, July 18, 2011

First day of School

First day of school in the Crain house didn't go as smoothly as I had planned. We spent yesterday preparing backpacks, laying out school clothes, grocery shopping, and getting in some last minuet t.v. time. Parker played it cool and remained in teenage land not showing any excitement at the thought of returning to school. Avery and Jackson flip flopped back and forth from dread to excitement. It is amazing to think back to last year and the idea of kinder and now they are big first graders. During dinner last night we went around the table setting goals for the upcoming academic year and if all goes according to their visions it should be another great one. I am so proud of my kids and who they are growing into. Parker is such a source of inspiration, his strength and determination astonishes me daily. Jackson is the most passionate six year old I know and his belly laughs always warm my heart from the inside out. Avery Grace is such a doll and her sweet heart brings love to all those blessed to know her. Mitch and I couldn't have asked for three better children to have in our lives. They fill my cup with love to the fullest capacity it will hold. I see such changes in their maturity, responsibility,and their capabilities and know that this year will only continue to develop them on their paths in life. As crazy as this morning was I am still happy at the result of three independent children standing tall and walking proud into another stage of their lives. It makes me proud to know that all the hopes and dreams Mitch and I have for them are coming true and more reachable than ever before. With karate, football, bowling, and gymnastics I know it will be a busy fall but I am looking forward to witnessing each milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment